Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Handmade Paper paintings: Process and Applications. Working from an outline part II


In yesterday’s post I wrote about using an outline to guide me of where to place the colored pulp.  As I cannot work from an easel as the wet pulp would slide off the surface, instead, I work on a flat surface.  As I mentioned yesterday, I draw onto the surface of  in-progress paintings with different colored grease crayons in order to guide me as I continue to work.  I then draw the image from the photo onto the in-progress painting, which I have drawn a complimentary grid on, just at a larger scale (i.e, an inch on the photo might represent a foot on the painting surface).  This photo provides a clearer picture of a work in progress using the outline method.  The shiny areas are wet with newly laid pulp.  Once dry, I can pin the still unfinished painting to a wall surface and draw another grid!

No comments: